How do you know when it is time for you to consider hiring the services of a home care agency for your aging parents? Well, this can really be quite a challenge, especially since there is a great probability that they wouldn’t admit that they need help. To do so would be to acknowledge that they couldn’t take care of themselves anymore. For them, this is definitely not an easy thing to do.
Recognizing the Signs
Given this fact, it is really up to you to determine when it’s time to hire the services of a home care agency to take care of your elderly loved ones. While they may keep on insisting that they can very well live on their own, you’ll know that they need help if you start noticing the following signs.
- Difficulty with walking, balance and mobility as well as difficulty getting up from a seated position
- Poor grooming habits and personal care, unpleasant body odor and wearing the same outfit everyday
- Noticeable weight loss
- Unexplained bruising, bumps and/or burns
- Dirty house and extreme clutter, stacks of unopened mails, late payment notices and bounced checks
- Evidence of spoiled foods in the house and a cupboard void of nutritious foods
- Unexplained dents and/or scratches on their car
- Missed medications or taking more than the prescribed dosage
- Forgetfulness and difficulty communicating
- Loss of interest in hobbies and other social activities
- Extreme mood changes and mood swings
- Confusion and failure to recognize family members
So, what should you do once you start noticing one or more of these telltale signs? Well, the best thing for you to do is to let them know that you are concerned about their safety. Let them know that you would want someone to look after them since you can’t be with them all the time and that a credible home care agency such as EvergreenChoice can give them what they need.