Would a spa treatment do your elderly loved ones any good? Well, if you are asking yourself this question, you need to know that according to the results of the longest British study on aging, seniors who are living happy lives actually survive longer than those who don’t. Based on this study, seniors who enjoy better physical and emotional health have a 35% lower risk of dying as compared to unhappy seniors. Pampering your elderly loved from time to time is a great way to keep them happy and healthy.
The Benefits of Spa Treatments for Seniors
As mentioned earlier, the “spa treatment” can be a very important component of senior care. Your elderly loved ones can benefit from treatments such as therapeutic massages, manicures, and pedicures. All of this extra pampering has the following benefits:
- Reduced physical pain. Professional massage treatments can help relieve various aches and pains such as arthritis and lower back pain by strengthening the connective tissues, promoting natural joint lubrication and increasing the range of motion.
- Stronger immunity. These types of treatments help maintain the body’s sense of balance, promote better sleep and boost the body’s natural energy levels.
- Improved mental awareness. Such treatments can also promote relaxation and alter the brain’s functions to promote mental clarity and cognitive functioning.
- Reduced stress. Messages release tension by suppressing the production of cortisol, otherwise known as the primary stress hormone.
- Improved confidence. It’s amazing how much better you feel about yourself after a manicure and/or pedicure. It can really make an elderly person’s day.
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits that can be achieved by providing VIP services to the elderly so you better make sure you hire an in-home senior care provider that provides these services to make sure your aging parents or grandparents get all the pampering they need!